The path to healthy skin can be a challenge, but it’s all about having a healthy lifestyle, positive mindset and maintaining an effective skin care routine. At Bharti Vyas, we strongly believe that everyone has the right to look and feel good, on the inside and out! Our Holistic Beauty & Laser Centre is the perfect place to visit for holistic massage and facial treatments in Marylebone, as well as our shop selection of face and body products.
Let us help you achieve your skin care goals! Follow these top 21 tips on maintaining healthy skin…
1. Let’s start with the most obvious one – drink water! Water is the best liquid for hydrating and improving the moisture in your skin. It also assists in flushing out toxins and removing excess oils and dirt. Try drinking one glass of water for every hour you are awake.
2. Cleanse your face twice a day. The morning cleanse will remove surface oil and dead skin cells. The night time cleanse will clear the skin of the day’s debris and make up. It is then, whilst you sleep, when your body takes time to repair itself and your skin.
3. Keep your body fresh and hydrated, too! Use a salt scrub on your body at least twice a week. This will get rid of dead skin cells and boost your circulation. Our Salt Scrub also contains essential oils to hydrate and nourish your skin. Remember to always moisturize after a bath. if your skin is prone to dryness or irritation , apply it to damp skin, to hold in the moisture. When the sun is out, don’t forget to protect your skin and use a moisturize with added SPF.
4. Refresh your skin regularly. You do not need to buy a toner, just splash cold water or rose water on your face to close pores, tighten skin and refresh your skin. .
5. Aim to polish your skin twice a day, to refine the skin and gently remove grime and dead skin cells. Don’t exfoliate as this can cause skin irritation and erosion of further skin layers. Polishing is a gentler way to enhance your skin’s circulation and will give your skin a healthy glow.
6. Use an oil-free moisturiser that will leave a light, protective film on the skin. Get into the habit of applying moisturiser after cleansing your face. you do not need to moisturise in the evening. Keep it clear, so it can rejuvenate as you sleep.
7. When applying hair products, the residue can end up on your skin, clogging your pores and causing more skin imperfections. Next time you apply hair products, cover your face with a clean towel to protect your skin.
8. During hot and sunny weather, try to avoid wearing make-up as often as you can. If necessary, use products that contain SPF.
9. For a temporarily pore-less face, give yourself a quick ice-cold facial by submerging your face in ice-cold water. The cold water forces the rest of the body to increase circulation and warm up your face – giving you a rosy-flushed look and closing pores.
10. Try usg a face therapy oil on your skin before polishing your skin. Jojoba, hemp or argan oil all over your neck and face and massage gently. After a few minutes, remove with a dampened cloth to keep the skin hydrated and clean.
11. Before applying make-up, leave moisturiser on your skin for around 10 minutes, then tissue off any excess before applying foundation or primer etc. This acts as a good barrier and base for your make-up.
12. This might be easier said than done, but try and avoid stressful situations! Stress can literally show on your face, releasing hormones that will cause your body to produce excess oil, leading to skin imperfections and premature wrinkling. Avoid these stressful consequences by taking a warm bath, meditating, napping, or generally doing whatever you can to calm down. Try mindfulness and meditation to help calm your mind.
13. Implement some ‘good-for-you’ fats in your diet! This includes flaxseed, coconut oil, avocado and vegetables. Healthy skin doesn’t just start from the outside.
14. Green foods like spinach and arugula are packed with natural antioxidants. To maintain a radiant and blemish-free complexion, add a side salad to your meals.
15. During hot weather, ensure you wear a hat and avoid using heated appliances at all costs to protect your skin and hair. Massaging coconut oil in your hair can help nourish and protect it. Massage in and leave in overnight and shampoo off in the morning.
16. Avoid touching your face or dragging the skin around your eyes. This can cause spots and hasten the arrival of premature wrinkles.
17. Wash your hands after handling food, dirt or general household tasks. Whilst this is basic hygiene, it also stops you accidentally transferring more bacteria onto your skin, causing whiteheads and other skin imperfections. Follow with a nice hand cream to keep your hands moisturised.
18. Keep the texture and condition of your lips smooth and hydrated by using an appropriate lip treatment (lip balm etc.) or almond oil.
19. Cleanse your face in the evening to remove any makeup and grime that has accumulated throughout the day. This cleanse should be thorough, ensuring any residue or dirt, make-up and sweat are gone before bedtime.
20. Regularly have a good facial. Aim for at least every month/six weeks. A professional will be able to carry out a cleanse of your face for all different types of imperfections. At Bharti Vyas, our professional teams can perform therapeutic facial treatments in Marylebone to help with ageing, hyperpigmentation, dehydrated skin and acne etc.
21. Using the right and appropriate skin products, get yourself used to a skincare routine for morning and evening.
Facial Treatments Marylebone…
Contact Bharti Vyas and the team today on 020 7935 5312 to discuss your beauty requirements, or visit our website to find out more about our incredible facial treatment Marylebone.
If you are unsure of what treatments/products you need or areas to focus on, fill out our FREE online consultation form and a member of our team will get in touch with you.