It’s 2019 and you have decided that this is the year to be the best version of yourself that you have always strived to be..a renewed positive state of mind , a healthy new outlook and a tweak to your lifestyle to make 2019 the year for a new you….
The Bharti Vyas team, give you their top beauty and well being tips on starting as you mean to go on in 2019
Minimalism is the word for 2019
Out with the old and in with the new
1. Get rid of the clutter in your life. It can stifle your thoughts and bring you down
2. Get rid of all the old clothes that don’t fit you or do not make you feel good about yourself or have become out dated – give them to a charity shop.3.
3.Give your home a good tidy…clean it from top to bottom, including skirting boards. A clean and tidy environment makes for a clean mind
4. Re arrange your furniture to give your rooms a ‘new and refreshed look.’
5. Get rid of those ‘toxic’ people around you, those who do not add value to your life. Some people can drain your energy and soak yours up like a sponge. Sometimes it is more energising having fewer people around you, who bring out the best in you and you in them.
Take time to practice self hypnosis twice a day, Priti Vyas, Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist
- In this ever increasing hectic and stressful world we are living in, a world in which technology rules; it is important to take time out to clear the daily clutter from your mind and focus inward and focus on letting go and doing nothing…when you practice self hypnosis before sleep, it will help you have a restful and restoratative sleep.
- Before you start…turn off all electronic devices , including TV, radio, I pads, mobile phones. Make sure you are in an environment conducive to relaxation dimmed lights, comfortable bed/couch, not too hot /cold. Then start blocking the outside world by closing your eyes and focus on the sound of your breathing as it slows down. Take slow deep breaths and notice how your breath. Them imagine you are standing at the top of a set of stairs, and as you count down each step. From 5 to zero, be aware of becoming more and more relaxed. Each step you take melts away any stress and strains of the day. When you get to the bottom of the stairs, imagine being under a warm, relaxing shower, as you wash away any mental debris from the day. Practice doing this daily and you will notice how, over time, your body ‘learns’ how to switch off
- Priti adds, “Take time to smile and look for the positives in any situation you are in….research shows that smiling several times a day can prolong your life by 7 years. It releases endorphins or happy hormones, not only in you but in those you smile at too!!”
Make health and well being a lifestyle for 2019
Rather than focussing on achieving one health or beauty goal, make 2019 a year you make those small changes to maintain a positive, healthy and vibrant you..
- Start by upping your water intake – even if it is increasing the amount of sips you take
- Start a good home beauty routine that will cater for your face and body – Keep your skin free of dead skin cells and supple to boost its health.
Body – use the Ultimate Salt Scrub and Firming Cream at least three times a week. The scrub contains salts from the Dead Sea and therapeutic essential oils such as Rosemary and peppermint.
Bharti says“ your skin is the largest excretory organ of the body and responsible for helping the body to eliminate toxins. If dead skin cells build up on the body, it means it cannot function effectively. This can make us feel sluggish and tired, cause cold hands/feet, in grown hairs and spotty skin. Using the salt scrub regularly will help keep dead skin cells away and stimulate circulation. It will also ease tired leg syndrome and help you to sleep. The Firming cream is also packed with moisturising and toning properties. So, when you do not use your salt scrub, use your firming cream.
Have a regular therapy Facial and body treatment
Many people see having a massage or beauty therapy as a one off special treat you give to yourself of or one that has been given to you. However, the right type of monthly treatment can not only benefit the way you look, but it can also have a positive effect on your health and well being.
- Bharti recommends her 90 minute signature BVM top to toe Harmonising Treatment. This tailor make treatment includes a facial, body massage, scalp massage and flowtron lymphatic drainage boots. We use the principles of Ayurveda, aromatherapy, lymphatic drainage and acupressure. Each therapy helps to maintain a healthy body as it boosts your immune system as well as being anti-ageing as it detoxifies and prevents a stagnation is your circulation, which can be the cause of many issues.
Top to Toe Therapy
- Cut down on smoking, caffeine and alcohol – they can both affect your nervous system and artificially give you energy or calm you. If you want to give up smoking, perhaps look at Hypnosis as a way of giving up. It is one of the more successful therapies to help give up..the thing is you have to want to do it 100% to achieve it.
So let 2019 be the year the new you is a new positive life style…happy New Year!